Let’s continue to take care of each other!
Budapest is open again, but we still ask everyone to follow the rules on social distancing and mask-wearing. Listen and take care of each other!
#takecareofeachother #strongcity #strongcommunity #budapest
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- Viral hepatitis: Europe needs to close the testing gap 27/07/2020Approximately four in five people living with hepatitis B and three out of four people with hepatitis C infection across the European Union and European Economic Area (EU/EEA) and the UK have not yet been diagnosed. This is a major obstacle on the way towards the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) for health in 2030 as […]
- Engagement of ECDC in projects funded through the Horizon 2020 call for Pan-European COVID-19 cohorts 09/06/2020ECDC welcomes the initiative of the European Commission to support the establishment of large population cohorts to address a number of relevant public health research questions on COVID-19.
- New outbreak of Ebola virus disease detected in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) 02/06/2020On 1 June 2020, a new outbreak of Ebola virus disease was declared in Wangata Health Zone, near Mbandaka, the regional capital of Equateur Province in the western region of DRC.
- ECDC marks 15 year anniversary 26/05/2020This week marks ECDC’s 15-year anniversary. ECDC, Europe’s agency for public health, became operational in May 2005, and has been working since to strengthen Europe’s defences against communicable diseases. As ECDC reflects on the progress and developments of the past 15 years, the COVID-19 pandemic is a constant reminder of how important it is for […]
WHO COVID-19 NEWS
- Yellow fever – French Guiana, France 01/08/2020On 23 July 2020, the France IHR National Focal Point reported a confirmed autochthonous (locally acquired) case of yellow fever in a 14-year-old male in French Guiana. On 17 July 2020, the case was laboratory confirmed at the French National Reference Centre for arboviruses, Institute Pasteur Cayenne. The case-patient had severe disability, and developed dengue-like […]
- Plague – Democratic Republic of the Congo 23/07/2020The health zone of Rethy in Ituri province, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, has seen an upsurge of plague cases since June 2020. The first case, a 12-year-old girl, reported to a local health centre on 12 June experiencing a headache, fever, cough, and an enlarged lymph node. She died on the same day […]
- Influenza A(H1N2) variant virus – Brazil 09/07/2020On 22 June 2020, the International Health Regualtions (IHR) Focal Point (FP) of Brazil shared a preliminary report with the Panamerican Health Organization, the WHO Regional Office for the Americas of a human infection with Influenza A(H1N2) variant virus (A(H1N2)v). According to the report, the patient, a 22-year-old female, with no comorbidities, worked in a […]
- Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) – Saudi Arabia 02/07/2020Between 1 April and 31 May 2020, the National IHR Focal Point of Saudi Arabia reported nine new cases of MERS-CoV infection, including five deaths. The cases were reported from Riyadh (seven cases), Assir (one case) and Northern (one case) Regions. Most cases were and ages of the reported cases ranged from 40 to 96 […]