Let’s continue to take care of each other!
The second wave of the pandemic is here. Please follow the introduced rules, including mask-wearing, social distancing and hand sanitizing even more carefully. If you notice symptoms or have had contact with an infected person, stay at home! Protect others and your own health!
#takecareofeachother #strongcity #strongcommunity #Budapest
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- Dengue epidemic in Martinique, France 09/10/2020French authorities have reported an increased number of dengue cases in Martinique in recent months. The number of cases notified constitute the largest outbreak reported on the island in the last decade.
- Looking at newer enhanced seasonal influenza vaccines: a systematic review of efficacy, effectiveness and safety 05/10/2020Based on a systematic literature review, ECDC assessed the efficacy, effectiveness and safety of newer and enhanced inactivated seasonal influenza (flu) vaccines among those 18 years or older. These assessed are MF59® adjuvanted, cell-based, high-dose, and recombinant haemagglutinin influenza vaccines.
- New tool for the early detection of public health threats from Twitter data: epitweetr 01/10/2020ECDC has launched a free, open source interactive tool to help with the automatised early detection of public health threats using Twitter data.
- Avian influenza: EU on alert for new outbreaks 30/09/2020EU states are being urged to step up surveillance and biosecurity measures to guard against possible new outbreaks of avian influenza this year.
WHO COVID-19 NEWS
- Oropouche virus disease - French Guiana, France 13/10/2020On 30 September 2020, the French Guiana Regional Health Agency (ARS) reported the first detection of Oropouche virus (OROV) in French Guiana. On 22 September 2020 the Pasteur Institute in Cayenne (a member of the French National Reference Laboratory for arboviruses) notified the France IHR National Focal Point of seven laboratory-confirmed cases of Oropouche virus […]
- Monkeypox – Democratic Republic of the Congo 01/10/2020From 1 January through 13 September 2020, a total of 4,594 suspected cases of monkeypox, including 171 deaths (case fatality ratio 3.7%), have been reported in 127 health zones from 17 out of 26 provinces in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The first epidemic peak was observed at the beginning of March 2020 (epi […]
- Chikungunya – Chad 24/09/2020On 28 August 2020, the National IHR Focal Point of Chad notified WHO of an outbreak of chikungunya in Abéché, eastern Chad.
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo 03/09/2020Three months after the declaration of the eleventh Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreak in Equateur Province, Democratic Republic of the Congo, the number of confirmed cases continues to increase, and the geographic spread of the outbreak continues to expand. As of 1 September 2020, 110 cases (104 confirmed and six probable) including 47 deaths (case […]