Let’s continue to take care of each other!
The second wave of the pandemic is here. Please follow the introduced rules, including mask-wearing, social distancing and hand sanitizing even more carefully. If you notice symptoms or have had contact with an infected person, stay at home! Protect others and your own health!
#takecareofeachother #strongcity #strongcommunity #Budapest
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- Call for expression of interest: EU for health security in Africa: ECDC 4 Africa CDC 12/04/2021ECDC invites experts to express their interest to contribute to strengthening Africa CDC capacities in preparedness, surveillance, and response to health threats posed by communicable diseases.
- Postcard from the field: A ‘Field Mission’ from my living room - supporting the WHO epidemiology team during the 11th Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo 12/04/2021By September 2020 there was no more denying that we, the fellows of 2019, would be the ‘pandemic cohort’ - or at least one of them for all we knew.
- Resistance levels still high in bacteria causing foodborne infections 08/04/2021A sizeable proportion of Salmonella and Campylobacter bacteria is still resistant to antibiotics commonly used in humans and animals, as in previous years, says a report released today by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) and the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).
- Postcard from the field: Responding to the Ebola outbreak in Equateur Province, Democratic Republic of the Congo 31/03/2021In August 2020, Global Outbreak and Alert and Response Network (GOARN) sent a request for assistance for epidemiologists to be deployed to the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) to support the Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreak response in the Equateur Province.
WHO COVID-19 NEWS
- Human infection with avian influenza A (H5N8) – the Russian Federation 26/02/2021On 18 February 2021, the National IHR Focal Point for the Russian Federation notified WHO of detection of avian influenza A(H5N8) in seven human clinical specimens. These are the first reported detection of avian influenza A(H5N8) in humans. Positive clinical specimens were collected from poultry farm workers who participated in a response operation to contain […]
- Ebola virus disease – Guinea 17/02/2021On 14 February 2021, the Ministry of Health (MoH) of Guinea informed WHO of a cluster of Ebola Virus
- Rift Valley fever – Kenya 12/02/2021Rift Valley fever (RVF) has been reported in Kenya in humans in Isiolo and Mandera counties and in
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo 10/02/2021On 7 February 2021, the Minister of Health of the Democratic Republic of the Congo declared an outbreak of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) after the laboratory confirmation of one case in North Kivu Province. The case was an adult female living in Biena Health Zone. To date the source of infection is still under investigation. […]