Let’s continue to take care of each other!
The second wave of the pandemic is here. Please follow the introduced rules, including mask-wearing, social distancing and hand sanitizing even more carefully. If you notice symptoms or have had contact with an infected person, stay at home! Protect others and your own health!
#takecareofeachother #strongcity #strongcommunity #Budapest
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- ECDC releases COVID-19 vaccination rollout strategies for EU/EEA 22/12/2020On 22 December ECDC released the technical report titled ‘COVID-19 vaccination and prioritisation strategies in the EU/EEA’, following the European Medicines Agency (EMA) recommendation for authorisation of the vaccine Comirnaty, developed by BioNTech and Pfizer.
- First COVID-19 vaccine authorised for use in the European Union 21/12/2020ECDC welcomes the authorisation of the first vaccine against COVID-19 in EU/EEA. We have been looking forward to this moment for a long time. On 21 December, EMA recommended granting a conditional marketing authorisation for the vaccine Comirnaty, developed by BioNTech and Pfizer, to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in people from 16 years of […]
- EU and AU sign partnership to scale up preparedness for health emergencies 07/12/2020The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) and the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) is today launching a new four-year partnership initiative in order to enhance mutual engagement and contribute to durably strengthening Africa CDC capacities in preparedness and response to health threats.
- ECDC Management Board Chair and Deputy Chair re-elected 27/11/2020Dr Anni Virolainen Julkunen, Management Board member representing Finland, was re-elected as Chair of the ECDC Management Board at the Board’s meeting on 25 November 2020.
WHO COVID-19 NEWS
- Influenza A(H1N2) variant virus – Brazil 04/01/2021On 15 December 2020, the Brazil Ministry of Health reported the second confirmed human infection with influenza A(H1N2) variant virus [A(H1N2)v] in Brazil in 2020.
- Cholera – Togo 04/01/2021From 11 November to 28 December, 2020 a total of 67 suspected cholera cases presenting with diarrhea and vomiting, including two deaths a case fatality ratio (CFR: 3%) were reported from the municipalities “Golfe 1” and “Golfe 6” in Lomé, Togo. A total of four health areas (Katanga, Adakpamé, Gbétsogbé in Golfe 1, and Kangnikopé […]
- SARS-CoV-2 Variants 31/12/2020SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, has had a major impact on human health globally; infecting a large number of people; causing severe disease and associated long-term health sequelae; resulting in death and excess mortality, especially among older and vulnerable populations; interrupting routine healthcare services; disruptions to travel, trade, education and many other societal functions; […]
- Yellow fever – Senegal 29/12/2020From October to December 2020, a total of seven confirmed cases of yellow fever (YF) have been reported from four health districts in three regions in Senegal.