Let’s continue to take care of each other!
Budapest is open again, but we still ask everyone to follow the rules on social distancing and mask-wearing. Listen and take care of each other!
#takecareofeachother #strongcity #strongcommunity #budapest
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- ECDC marks 15 year anniversary 26/05/2020This week marks ECDC’s 15-year anniversary. ECDC, Europe’s agency for public health, became operational in May 2005, and has been working since to strengthen Europe’s defences against communicable diseases. As ECDC reflects on the progress and developments of the past 15 years, the COVID-19 pandemic is a constant reminder of how important it is for […]
- ECDC launches new weekly COVID-19 surveillance report 21/05/2020The report provides an overview of the COVID-19 epidemiology in the EU/EEA and the UK using the available data compiled from multiple sources.
- ECDC publishes first report monitoring progress towards the elimination of hepatitis B and C in the EU/EEA 20/05/2020The first report monitoring the progress towards the elimination of hepatitis B and C across European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA) countries has been published by ECDC.
- New EU Initiative on Health Security for the EU neighbours 23/04/2020A five-year agreement to implement a new EU Initiative on Health Security to enhance public health preparedness and response capacities of the European Union enlargement and the European Neighbourhood Policy partner countries has been signed between ECDC and the European Commission. The total funding will be 9 million euros.
WHO COVID-19 NEWS
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo 28/05/2020From 20 to 26 May 2020, no new cases of Ebola virus disease (EVD) have been reported from the Democratic Republic of the Congo (Figure 1).
- Dracunculiasis (Guinea worm disease) – Ethiopia 25/05/2020Between 2 and 8 April 2020, six suspected human cases of dracunculiasis in Duli village, Gog district, Gambella region, Ethiopia, were reported to WHO.
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo 21/05/2020From 13 to 19 May 2020, no new cases of Ebola virus disease (EVD) have been reported from North Kivu Province, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo 14/05/2020From 6 to 12 May 2020, no new cases of Ebola virus disease (EVD) have been reported from North Kivu Province, Democratic Republic of the Congo (Figure 1). Since the resurgence of the outbreak on 10 April 2020, seven confirmed cases have been reported from Kasanga, Malepe and Kanzulinzuli Health Areas in Beni Health Zone. […]