Let’s continue to take care of each other!
In cooperation with the district municipalities, the Municipality of Budapest provided free antibody testing for Budapest residents over the age of 60. A total of 20,000 tests were conducted. You can see the results here.
#takecareofeachother #strongcity #strongcommunity #Budapest
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- MediPIET Cohort 4 starting under the EU Initiative for Health Security 16/09/2021The MediPIET Cohort 4 started its training on 15 September 2021, including 16 Fellows from 11 partner countries of the EU Initiative for Health Security.
- World Field Epidemiology Day: celebrating those protecting public health on the field 07/09/2021World Field Epidemiology Day is a global movement to recognise the role of field epidemiologists in protecting the health of populations and in advancing global health security, and to advocate for increased investment in training and research in field epidemiology.
- ECDC awards 77 M€ to strengthen EU/EEA Member States’ capacities to detect and identify SARS-CoV-2 variants 03/09/2021ECDC has awarded more than 77 M€ to 24 EU/EEA countries to strengthen whole genome sequencing and RT-PCR infrastructures within the countries’ national public health programmes.
- ECDC: On Air - podcast on European epidemiology 02/09/2021A peek behind the scenes at the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control - the EU agency that aims to identify, assess and communicate current and emerging threats to human health posed by infectious diseases in Europe.
WHO COVID-19 NEWS
- Human infection with avian influenza A (H5N8) – the Russian Federation 26/02/2021On 18 February 2021, the National IHR Focal Point for the Russian Federation notified WHO of detection of avian influenza A(H5N8) in seven human clinical specimens. These are the first reported detection of avian influenza A(H5N8) in humans. Positive clinical specimens were collected from poultry farm workers who participated in a response operation to contain […]
- Ebola virus disease – Guinea 17/02/2021On 14 February 2021, the Ministry of Health (MoH) of Guinea informed WHO of a cluster of Ebola Virus
- Rift Valley fever – Kenya 12/02/2021Rift Valley fever (RVF) has been reported in Kenya in humans in Isiolo and Mandera counties and in
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo 10/02/2021On 7 February 2021, the Minister of Health of the Democratic Republic of the Congo declared an outbreak of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) after the laboratory confirmation of one case in North Kivu Province. The case was an adult female living in Biena Health Zone. To date the source of infection is still under investigation. […]