Let’s continue to take care of each other!
The second wave of the pandemic is here. Please follow the introduced rules, including mask-wearing, social distancing and hand sanitizing even more carefully. If you notice symptoms or have had contact with an infected person, stay at home! Protect others and your own health!
#takecareofeachother #strongcity #strongcommunity #Budapest
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- Eurosurveillance for World Rabies Day – 28 September 25/09/2020Rabies is a deadly disease and endemic in over 100 countries. It causes around 59,000 human deaths annually, the vast majority in Asia and Africa. There are safe and effective human vaccines for pre- and post-exposure prophylaxis. With a prompt and proper post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP), exposed people have a survival rate close to 100%.
- ECDC launches new COVID-19 situation dashboard 23/09/2020ECDC has launched a new COVID-19 situation dashboard, providing users with a simpler, more user-friendly platform to explore the latest available COVID-19 data from Europe and worldwide.
- COVID-19: Cases increasing across Europe 16/09/2020In many EU/EEA countries and the UK, an increase of COVID-19 cases is being observed following the lifting of lockdowns and the relaxation of preventive measures such as physical distancing.
- Call for ECDC Fellowship Programme (EPIET & EUPHEM) cohort 2021 14/08/2020The call for applications for the EU-track cohort 2021 of the ECDC Fellowship Programme is now open.
WHO COVID-19 NEWS
- Chikungunya – Chad 24/09/2020On 28 August 2020, the National IHR Focal Point of Chad notified WHO of an outbreak of chikungunya in Abéché, eastern Chad.
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo 03/09/2020Three months after the declaration of the eleventh Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreak in Equateur Province, Democratic Republic of the Congo, the number of confirmed cases continues to increase, and the geographic spread of the outbreak continues to expand. As of 1 September 2020, 110 cases (104 confirmed and six probable) including 47 deaths (case […]
- Circulating vaccine-derived poliovirus type 2 – Sudan 01/09/2020On 9 August 2020, the Federal Ministry of Health, Sudan notified WHO of the detection of a
- Yellow fever – French Guiana, France 01/08/2020On 23 July 2020, the France IHR National Focal Point reported a confirmed autochthonous (locally acquired) case of yellow fever in a 14-year-old male in French Guiana. On 17 July 2020, the case was laboratory confirmed at the French National Reference Centre for arboviruses, Institute Pasteur Cayenne. The case-patient had severe disability, and developed dengue-like […]