Let’s continue to take care of each other!
The second wave of the pandemic is here. Please follow the introduced rules, including mask-wearing, social distancing and hand sanitizing even more carefully. If you notice symptoms or have had contact with an infected person, stay at home! Protect others and your own health!
#takecareofeachother #strongcity #strongcommunity #Budapest
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- EASA/ECDC update air travel guidelines to factor in vaccination and latest scientific evidence 17/06/2021ECDC and The European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) today issued a new version of the Aviation Health Safety Protocol providing clear operational guidance and risk-based recommendations for health-safe air travel to complement the European Union’s initiatives, such as the EU Digital COVID Certificates.
- ECDC supports EU/EEA Member States in rapid detection of SARS-CoV-2 variants 16/06/2021ECDC and the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety (DG SANTE) have launched a number of activities to help strengthen EU/EEA Member States’ capacity for detection of SARS-CoV-2 variants in the shorter and longer term. These activities are one of five action areas of the ‘HERA Incubator’, a new EU bio-defence preparedness plan […]
- ECDC begins epidemic monitoring of the EURO 2020/2021 Football Championship 15/06/2021The month-long European football competition will see 24 teams playing for the top European prize across eleven host countries, observed by some 460 000 spectators. ECDC has already begun enhanced epidemic intelligence activities to monitor the Championship and help keep it safe.
- ECDC report outlines considerations for COVID-19 vaccination of adolescents 01/06/2021A new ECDC report, issued today, provides policymakers in EU/EEA with a number of objectives and considerations on COVID-19 vaccination of 12-18-year-olds. The report highlights the current recommendations and status of COVID-19 vaccination of adolescents in EU/EEA countries, describes the epidemiology of COVID-19 in this age group and discusses vaccine effectiveness against transmission of SARS-CoV-2.
WHO COVID-19 NEWS
- Human infection with avian influenza A (H5N8) – the Russian Federation 26/02/2021On 18 February 2021, the National IHR Focal Point for the Russian Federation notified WHO of detection of avian influenza A(H5N8) in seven human clinical specimens. These are the first reported detection of avian influenza A(H5N8) in humans. Positive clinical specimens were collected from poultry farm workers who participated in a response operation to contain […]
- Ebola virus disease – Guinea 17/02/2021On 14 February 2021, the Ministry of Health (MoH) of Guinea informed WHO of a cluster of Ebola Virus
- Rift Valley fever – Kenya 12/02/2021Rift Valley fever (RVF) has been reported in Kenya in humans in Isiolo and Mandera counties and in
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo 10/02/2021On 7 February 2021, the Minister of Health of the Democratic Republic of the Congo declared an outbreak of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) after the laboratory confirmation of one case in North Kivu Province. The case was an adult female living in Biena Health Zone. To date the source of infection is still under investigation. […]