Let’s continue to take care of each other!
Budapest is open again, but we still ask everyone to follow the rules on social distancing and mask-wearing. Listen and take care of each other!
#takecareofeachother #strongcity #strongcommunity #budapest
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- Engagement of ECDC in projects funded through the Horizon 2020 call for Pan-European COVID-19 cohorts 09/06/2020ECDC welcomes the initiative of the European Commission to support the establishment of large population cohorts to address a number of relevant public health research questions on COVID-19.
- New outbreak of Ebola virus disease detected in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) 02/06/2020On 1 June 2020, a new outbreak of Ebola virus disease was declared in Wangata Health Zone, near Mbandaka, the regional capital of Equateur Province in the western region of DRC.
- ECDC marks 15 year anniversary 26/05/2020This week marks ECDC’s 15-year anniversary. ECDC, Europe’s agency for public health, became operational in May 2005, and has been working since to strengthen Europe’s defences against communicable diseases. As ECDC reflects on the progress and developments of the past 15 years, the COVID-19 pandemic is a constant reminder of how important it is for […]
- ECDC launches new weekly COVID-19 surveillance report 21/05/2020The report provides an overview of the COVID-19 epidemiology in the EU/EEA and the UK using the available data compiled from multiple sources.
WHO COVID-19 NEWS
- Influenza A(H1N2) variant virus – Brazil 09/07/2020On 22 June 2020, the International Health Regualtions (IHR) Focal Point (FP) of Brazil shared a preliminary report with the Panamerican Health Organization, the WHO Regional Office for the Americas of a human infection with Influenza A(H1N2) variant virus (A(H1N2)v). According to the report, the patient, a 22-year-old female, with no comorbidities, worked in a […]
- Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) – Saudi Arabia 02/07/2020Between 1 April and 31 May 2020, the National IHR Focal Point of Saudi Arabia reported nine new cases of MERS-CoV infection, including five deaths. The cases were reported from Riyadh (seven cases), Assir (one case) and Northern (one case) Regions. Most cases were and ages of the reported cases ranged from 40 to 96 […]
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo 26/06/2020On 25 June 2020, the Minister of Health of the Democratic Republic of the Congo declared the end of the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) outbreak in North Kivu, Ituri and South Kivu Provinces . In accordance with WHO recommendations, the declaration was made more than 42 days after the last person who contracted EVD in […]
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo 18/06/2020No new confirmed cases of Ebola virus disease (EVD) have been reported in Ituri, North Kivu and South Kivu Provinces of the Democratic Republic of the Congo since 27 April 2020 (Figure 1). While this is a positive development, there remains a risk of re-emergence of EVD. It is critical to maintain surveillance and response […]