Let’s continue to take care of each other!
In cooperation with the district municipalities, the Municipality of Budapest provided free antibody testing for Budapest residents over the age of 60. A total of 20,000 tests were conducted. You can see the results here.
#takecareofeachother #strongcity #strongcommunity #Budapest
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- ECDC: On Air - podcast on European epidemiology. Episode 11 out now! 02/12/2021A peek behind the scenes at the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control - the EU agency that aims to identify, assess and communicate current and emerging threats to human health posed by infectious diseases in Europe.
- Today ECDC released an updated Threat Assessment Brief on the SARS-CoV-2 variant B.1.1.529, known as Omicron. 02/12/2021First detected on 11 November in Botswana, the number of countries reporting cases of Omicron globally and in the EU/EEA continues to increase.
- Epidemiological update: Omicron variant of concern (VOC) – data as of 2 December 2021 (12.00) 02/12/2021As of 2 December 2021, and since 1 December 2021, 20 additional SARS-CoV-2 Omicron VOC cases have been confirmed, bringing the total to 79 confirmed cases.
- Epidemiological update: Omicron variant of concern (VOC) – data as of 1 December 2021 (12.00) 01/12/2021As of 1 December 2021, and since 30 November 2021, 15 additional SARS-CoV-2 Omicron VOC cases have been confirmed, bringing the total to 59 confirmed cases.
WHO COVID-19 NEWS
- Human infection with avian influenza A (H5N8) – the Russian Federation 26/02/2021On 18 February 2021, the National IHR Focal Point for the Russian Federation notified WHO of detection of avian influenza A(H5N8) in seven human clinical specimens. These are the first reported detection of avian influenza A(H5N8) in humans. Positive clinical specimens were collected from poultry farm workers who participated in a response operation to contain […]
- Ebola virus disease – Guinea 17/02/2021On 14 February 2021, the Ministry of Health (MoH) of Guinea informed WHO of a cluster of Ebola Virus
- Rift Valley fever – Kenya 12/02/2021Rift Valley fever (RVF) has been reported in Kenya in humans in Isiolo and Mandera counties and in
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo 10/02/2021On 7 February 2021, the Minister of Health of the Democratic Republic of the Congo declared an outbreak of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) after the laboratory confirmation of one case in North Kivu Province. The case was an adult female living in Biena Health Zone. To date the source of infection is still under investigation. […]