The government has decided to impose further measures in order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Beginning March 8, schools and kindergartens will be closed for one month, shops will also close for two weeks and every other commercial service will be suspended- declared Minister Gergely Gulyás, Head of the Prime Minister’s Office in an online press conference on Thursday.
Starting March 8, 2021, the following new rules will be introduced:
- schools and kindergartens will close for 1 month, students will switch to digital learning until April 7
- shops will close for 2 weeks and every other commercial service will be suspended, except for private healthcare services
- only grocery stores, pharmacies, drugstores and gas stations may remain open
- border-crossing rules will be tightened
- mask-wearing will be compulsory in all outdoor spaces
- wage subsidies will be extended to the sectors closed due to the new restrictions