The curfew has been lifted, and there is no need to wear a mask anymore in public, Prime Minister Viktor Orbán announced on Saturday, May 22nd. Easing restrictions were bound to the number of vaccines; more than five million people have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccination. Therefore, in many cases restrictions are eased:
- The curfew is lifted.
- Closing times for shops and restaurants is no longer mandatory.
- No need to wear a mask in public.
- Playing sports in public is allowed, both individually and as a team.
- Family events can be held with a maximum of 50 people and weddings of 200 people.
- In hotels and restaurants, family events can only be held separately, under the responsibility of the operator.
- Only those who have an immunity card can take part in indoor and music-dance events.
- Outdoor events can be held for up to 500 people.
- 16-18-year olds that have been vaccinated can take part in events and use services even without adults.