The following rules set out by the government are in effect since July 3rd, 2021.:
- Masks are no longer mandatory in shops and while using the public transportation system. However, the usage of masks is still mandatory in hospitals and social care facilities.
- Immunity certificates will no longer be required inside catering establishments, accommodation services, recreational facilities, and pre-booked seated cultural events.
- Social distancing rules and restrictions on the number of customers in shops are no longer in effect.
- Private events can be held for up to 100 people and weddings for up to 400 people.
- Immunity certificates are still required at sport, music, and dance events and concerts held indoors or outdoors hosting more than 500 people. People under 18 can only attend these events if they have an immunity certificate or are with an adult who has an immunity certificate. You can find the detailed rules here.
- Universities and colleges can prepare for in-person teaching.
- According to the Ministry of Human Resources’ information received on the 26th of August, 2021, neither wearing a mask nor measuring body temperature will be mandatory in public education institutions at the beginning of the school year.
Under the previous rules:
- The curfew has been lifted.
- There is no mandatory closing time for shops and restaurants.
- Sports are allowed in public, both individually and as a team.
- Family events and weddings can be held.
- From Tuesday, May 25, parking is no longer free.
- Home quarantine period is officially 10 days.
- The official price of PCR tests was fixed at HUF 19,500.
Source: koronavirus.gov.hu, Municipality of Budapest, BKK
Last updated: August 27th, 2021